In this area you can find details of any news or updates to the Home Options Scheme.
As you may be aware the sub-regional Greater Norwich Home Options partnership ended on 30th March 2012 and from April 2nd 2012, a new allocations policy comes into force in Norwich. The full policy is available on the home page of this website.
The main changes are -
-Applicants from outside Norwich with no verified housing need (i.e who are or would be in low need band) no longer meet the qualifying criteria for joining the housing register, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- Applicants who already own their own homes no longer meet the the qualifying criteria for joining the housing register, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- Applicants with young children in upper floor flats may receive extra priority depending on their circumstances.
- Applicants with children sharing a bed room with a age gap of more than eight years may receive extra priority depending on their circumstances.
- Applicants that have been housed through Home Options will not be allowed to re-register for one year unless their circumstances have changed.
- Applicants in bedsit accommodation will no longer receive priority banding.
- Applicants who fail to show up for viewings or refuse five reasonable offers of accommodation may have their application cancelled.
- Applicants who fail to make a bid on Home Options for 12 months may have their application cancelled.
All applicants directly effected will be contacted.