[Text Only View] [Site Map]

Norwich City

Friday, 17-Sep-2021
Home>Financial help that may be available to assist you to rent a property In Norwich

Financial help that may be available to assist you to rent a property In Norwich

If you wish to rent a property in Norwich the following option may be available to assist you.

Tenancy Signing Payment Scheme

What is it?

Norwich City Council understands that finding and renting a home can be difficult. We have therefore, developed this scheme to make this easier.

We can provide you with a list of available properties of accredited (good standard) landlords. Alternatively, you can find a home yourselves and let us know you would like to rent it.

Norwich City Council then pays the landlord a Tenancy Signing Payment to the private landlord so you dont have to pay an additional costs for renting the property. This gives a quick and easy solution to your housing situation and means you could move into your new home within a couple of weeks.

Who can apply?

  • We have accepted a duty to provide you with temporary accommodation and you are waiting to be rehoused or:
  • Our Housing Advice Team identifies you as a priority case and likely to become homeless

How long can I live in the property?

As long you keep to the terms of the tenancy agreement, you can stay there for a minimum of 12 months.

How do I apply?

To apply simply ring the Housing Advice Team on 0344 980 3333.


Site powered by Abritas  |  Cookie policy